Monday, June 8, 2009

All-Star Baseball Party

My nephew, Cale, recently celebrated his first birthday with a baseball themed party. I was honored to help my sister-in-law with the party details. It was so much fun! We went with the whole "All-Star" theme using red, white, and blue along with stars and baseballs all over the place. Here are the photo invitations I created for the party. I created a "Chicago Cubs" logo using Cale's name as seen on the invites.


I made popcorn and peanut party cones using star scrapbook paper from Hobby Lobby. The cones were placed in fun baskets from the Dollar Tree.


My first birthday banner- Yay! I used coordinating papers from Hobby Lobby.


The tablescape- I used green indoor/outdoor carpet and cut it into small squares. I turned in to make a baseball diamond placemat. I used paper baseball plates from our local party store. You can't see the plasticware wrapped in napkins very well, but I made a napkin holder out of the same scrapbook paper from the birthday banner and used little felt baseball stickers to keep it in place. I also wrapped scrapbook paper strips around the cups and added a fun red circle for guests to identify their cups. The centerpieces were a last minute detail. The large baseball in the centerpiece was actually a wooden doorhanger that I turned upside down in the pot. I used a fourth of july pre-made centerpiece found from Hobby Lobby to also place in the pot for a little pizazz.

We ordered this fun baseball blow up cooler from Oriental Trading.


These are the baseball cookies each guest took home. Again, I used the Cale logo for the tag. I didn't get a picture, but the other side of the scalloped circle said "Thanks for coming...we had a ball!"



Here is the birthday boy with his custom bib from Rachel's Golden Shop on Etsy.

9 comments:

  1. Great party details! Could the birthday BE any cuter?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great ideas!!
    My boys would love this kind of party! I think hubby would too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! LOVE the Cubs logo incorporating the birthday boy's name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great party!! I love the baseball theme -- perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks great and I love the banner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Very impressed by your logo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love how you incorporated the Cubs logo!

    ReplyDelete