Monday, May 18, 2009

Fishing Party

I was recently contacted by a mother who needed a "girly" fishing invitation. Her daughter had attended one of our princess parties and they loved the photo invitations we sent out. She wanted pink and brown and maybe a princess fishing. Here is the finished product: 


The princess was from Kay Miller Designs. You'll see more of her work that I have used on my invitations. She offers an Angel Use License that I use for my invitations. I LOVE her digital kits!! 
Anyway, I wasn't able to see how her party turned out but I thought it was a cute theme. They actually visited a trout ranch and the kids got to fish. I have a couple of cute ideas for the whole fishing theme. Enjoy!

One of Rachael Ray's viewers sent in this clever tip to turn a batch of Jell-O into an edible aquarium! All you'll need are fish-shaped cookie cutters, melon and blue Jell-O for the project your kids will love to help you make and eat! 
 



This may look just like the bag that you carry home from the pet store, but don’t be fooled…this plastic goldfish is not swimming in water, it’s embedded in clear, glycerin soap shaped like "water in a bag". By The Spoon Sisters. 





3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Love your blog. And this theme is really cute, My son will love this idea! Hope to use it one day.

    ReplyDelete