Monday, March 30, 2009

Fun Easter Vase

I'll admit it...I visit Wal-Mart at least 2 times a week. Mostly because it's on the way home from dropping my kids off at preschool and I know I can get most of my errands done in one place. 
   Anyway, I was browsing through the easter aisle and they had everything organized by color- they had the pink peeps, pink m&m's, pink cotton candy, pink jelly beans, pink cookies, etc. all together. Looking down the aisle, it really was a pretty display. I picked up some blue candy items for my son and some pink stuff for my daughter's easter basket. I'm not a huge fan of the marshmallowey peeps, but they are an easter tradition for as long as I can remember and I knew my kids would love them. They have so many bright colors! 
    Fast forward to checkout...I picked up "All You" Magazine from the checkout aisle because it's only sold at Wal-Mart and it's FULL of grocery coupons. They had a precious jelly bean vase on the front cover but what really caught my eye was the vase they made using peeps. How cute is this? I can see this vase with electric blue peeps, lime green jelly beans, and hot pink gerber daisies! 
 
Directions to make this vase: 

  • Two similarly shaped vases, one 3″ narrower than the other
  • Peeps
  • Jelly beans
  • Flowers

  1.  Place the smaller vase inside the large vase.
  2. Layer jelly beans in the space between the two.
  3. Arrange a row of peeps on top of the jelly beans.
  4. Fill the inner vase with flowers.


5 comments:

  1. what great ideas! Love them....just found your blog and LOVE the puppy-party idea! My daughter would D.I.E if she saw these pictures...! Such great ideas, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love this! So cute and so easy! I love your idea for a color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is that!! I have to make that for my girls. They would love it.

    http://www.mysimpleindulgence.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!!!! Although my crew would probably try to dig out the peeps! But that's a risk I'm willing to take. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like I'm missing out that I've never been to Wal-mart before! :(
    This is SOOO CUTE. Have you tried making it yet? If so, how did it turn out?

    ReplyDelete